Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trusting God


“Just Trust Me.” Those are the words we hear in movies just before something bad is about to happen. And yet we are told to trust God. In a culture were we’re taught to take control of our lives, trusting God has become a religious platitude rather than a life changing attitude. We say that we trust God, but what dose that really look like.



God places holes in our hearts, he brings us into situations and seasons where we will be FORCED to depend on him with everything we have. During these seasons we have two options- we can either flow with him and let his will be manifested, or we can try and figure it out ourselves. God wants us to depend on His grace, the devil wants us to depend on ourselves.  Satin is the CEO of the do-it-yourself  enterprise. Satin wants you to try and make it happen.  Were God says “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”

I learned that as long as we try and “make” things happen in our lives, God will stand back and wait for us to wear ourselves OUT. Eventually we do just that, we get tired, weary, broken and then we finally let God step in and do what He’s been trying to do all along. I had to come to a point in my life where I was in a complete season of dryness. It seems as though nothing I was doing was working out. I had nothing left to stand on. When I say nothing, I mean everything had been kicked from up under me.  I finally  was forced to say okay Lord, my way is not working. I had to step back get on my face before God and say okay I trust you Lord.

So if things in your life don’t seem to be flowing right, relax. God is not a man that he will lie. Trust Him. God will do His part, as long as you do yours. He will make those things come to pass as soon as you get your eyes off YOU and start focusing on HIM.

Heather Lindsey taught an amazing message on trusting God--You can listen to it here.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6 | NIV 

Until Next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment